It’s natural for negativity to creep into your thoughts from time to time. However, when negativity builds up too much or appears too often, you have an obstacle to overcome.
A negative attitude can hold you back from truly living your life. Have you heard the saying, "If you think you can't, you're right"? It's true! Negative thoughts sabotage your efforts and hold you back from dreaming big.
Furthermore, when you express complaints and negativity all the time, it not only affects you, but also the people around you. Negativity itself can create roadblocks that wouldn’t otherwise exist.
Nevertheless, you don't need to feel stuck because you can gain control over how you think. So, now is the time to choose the positive!
Manifesting a positive attitude
When you adopt a positive attitude, you open yourself up to the wonderful world of possibilities. When positive energy is in the air, you're able to transform your negative feelings and maybe even bring others out of their negativity clouds.
Positive thinking is the driving force that steers your life in the direction of your dreams. Your thoughts affect your emotions, and your emotions affect your actions, so if you change your thoughts, you can change your outcome.
How can you change your attitude? It's easier than you think.
When the negative thoughts come crawling into your mind, transform them with positive images. Visualize something you find pleasing or peaceful. Remember your ultimate goals and imagine what it feels like to achieve them.
Write it down.
Keeping a journal has many positive effects. It helps you vent your frustrations, organize your life, and reflect on your innermost thoughts and feelings. Instead of focusing on your disappointments and fears, use your journal to chronicle the things that have gone well in your life lately.
Negative feelings are bound to arise when you're in a stressful state. Take time out of each day for yourself by practicing a relaxation method that works for you. Perhaps you can take an aromatherapy bath, perform a grounding exercise, or meditate. Once you relax, a peaceful and positive mindset will likely overtake you.
Affirmations are powerful tools to recondition your mind to accept the positive. Affirmations are short statements in the present tense that remind you of positive attributes and goals in your life. Here's an example: "I am strong and competent." The moment you have a self-defeating thought, counter the negative with a motivating affirmation. You can also recite affirmations while working spells and rituals.
Live for the moment.
Bring your awareness to the present and let go of everything else going on in your life. Negative feelings can easily overwhelm you if you're consumed by past failures or the fear of the future. When you focus on the present, your life becomes more peaceful and positive.
Magick correspondences to banish negativity
Here are some correspondences you can use to create a spell or ritual for banishing negativity and increasing positivity.
Moon phase: New Moon
Day of the week: Wednesday
Planetary hour: Mercury
- Gardenia (peace; healing)
- Lavender (purification; happiness; peace)
- Vervain (purification; peace; healing)
- Benzoin (purification; clears negative energy; emotional balance; eases sadness, depression, weariness, grief, anger, and anxiety)
- Cypress (comfort; healing; eases anxiety and stress; self-assurance; confidence)
- Chamomile (calm; inner peace)
- Ametrine (dispels negativity; relieves stress)
- Black Coral (dispels negativity and fear of the unknown)
- Hessonite (clears negativity; eliminates feelings of inferiority; gives courage to change)
- Unakite (enhances sense of personal power; converts the negative into the positive)
- Lepedilite (promotes self-love; alleviates stress, anger, and tension)
- Peridot (removes stress, fear, and guilt; activates personal growth)
- Red Agate (healing; calmness; peace)
- Aquamarine (banishes fears; calms nerves; imparts strength and control)
In any case, go easy on yourself. You don't need to be your own worst critic; instead, be your biggest advocate! Practice these techniques and soon you’ll find it easy to release negativity and develop positive thoughts and actions.